Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

This is about a recent issue I began having with a computer running Windows Vista. First case I noticed the problem was playing Flight Simulator X, the game crashed with an error of "Ran out of memory". Unfortunately a restart did reset the memory usage, only to have it all ran into the "Cached" Memory. I am not sure if "Cached" memory means it is not in use, or if it is being used by background processes.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just an update on my situation, I did a little research and found that Vista works differently than previous versions of Windows. To keep it short, I discovered it is more efficient to have more Cached memory. Now to the next problem, how do prevent all the memory from being used up. Games like Flight Simulator X are memory hogs, will I be able to sort out which programs can be allocated more memory so they do not lack sufficient amounts, thus ensuring they continue running?

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have been trying to resolve this problem all day.it keeps coming back to installing a dvd decoder which i have installed. idid this through my dvdwin player. i am still getting the same error i have 1.25gb as my ram which shows 70%free can you help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.