Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
I'm the only user who use my PC, that means there's only one user account on my Windows XP pro,i don't use password. Now, here's the problem, it's very annoying that i have to click on my name to get into Windows everytime i start up my PC.

I didn't happen before when i use only one user account, i don't know what i did wrong this time when i reinstall my windows. Can anyone tell me how to set windows to automatically log myself in without clicking on my name, please?

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
ahh i did it for my gf.. but i forgot how!!!
Try going to Control Panel > User accounts. Then click "change the way users logon logoff" Uncheck "Use Welcome screen and use fast user switching..

does it work? let us know

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it didn't work, instead of me having to click on my name to get in, if i uncheck the "user welcome screen...." there's a dialog window when it windows start up just like Windows NT where you have to type in your username and password with three buttons, OK, Options, Cancel.

I changed it back the old way, now i still have to click on my user name in order to log in windows. ( don't have to type password )

Anyone, any idea?

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
MetalRooster said:
Hi.
I'm the only user who use my PC, that means there's only one user account on my Windows XP pro,i don't use password. Now, here's the problem, it's very annoying that i have to click on my name to get into Windows everytime i start up my PC.

I didn't happen before when i use only one user account, i don't know what i did wrong this time when i reinstall my windows. Can anyone tell me how to set windows to automatically log myself in without clicking on my name, please?

Thanks
Go Start>Run and type in control userpasswords2 and hit ENTER. In the users tab, untick the Users Must Enter box. Then just enter your username and password as a one-off and this should by-pass the logon screen.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now, the log in problem is solved, thanks Saga. However, there's another problem just occurs after i did the untick things. When the windows load, there're two errors message telling me about cannot open some kernal files (there're two of them), i'm not sure what they are coz i didn't really pay attention on those error pop up after the first time i restart my PC after i untick the user must enter box...

Those error won't happen again after i restarted my PC again and again, it only happens once.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.