Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I installed Norton AntiVirus 2007 a week ago on my computer and ever since, whenever I try to run certain programs (like Inkscape), I'm greeted by a "Windows - No Disk" error message. My OS is Windows XP Media Center Edition.

Any help is appreciated; I can post more information/details upon request.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. However, it doesn't appear that my problem is the same one as the one in the thread above, as upon running my computer in safe mode, the error message still comes up whenever I run Inkscape. For clarification, the error message does not appear on startup - only when I use Inkscape. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program; no help. All was fine until I installed Norton AntiVirus.

Again, any help is appreciated.

--Jeff

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
When was the last time you have run scandisk/defrag on this pc? If not in a while or not ever it would be time to do so and see where it gets you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. I ran Scandisk about a week ago and defragged it a couple of days ago, both with marginal to no success in terms of loading/shutting down time.

--Jeff

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No luck, unfortunately. After running HijackThis and making the fixes posted, startup is still slow and the "no disk" error still comes up when I try to open Inkscape.

--Jeff

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Ok another thing to try, although it sounds silly, why dont you try inserting the disc it prompts for (if you have it) or reinstalling the programs that give trouble. Try it with just one first and see what happens. If this fixes the problem you may need to go through and do them one by one manually.

·
Registered
117 Posts
lol I would just say dump Norton and get something more useful. Frankly, Im suprised this is the only problem that you're having with their software.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After doing some testing on another computer at my house, it appears that the "no disk" problem is not related to Norton at all. I installed Inkscape on another computer running Norton 2007 and ran the program. Instead of continually popping up errors as my computer does, this computer runs the program perfectly. So the question is what could be causing these errors?

Also, I uninstalled and reinstalled Inkscape on my computer again - still no luck.

--Jeff

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.