Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to clean out the media library information and re add my music files. How do I accomplish this.

Just re adding creates another list and the songs now show up twice or thrice

and just looks messy and is misleading.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Windows 2000, Media player 9, all music in one directory,

I think I have only the default playlists.

·
Super Moderator
43,965 Posts
You can remove the listings like normal (highlight song, delete). I think it will ask you if you want to remove the file/s as well, or leave the files on the computer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need to rebuild the entire library, I have 10,0000 listings and am looking for a mass delete of stuff or a delete of a file that holds this information. Have deleted Media player and re installed and the library shows up just as before which leads me to believe that there is a file that keeps this duplicated info somewhere,

Thanks for the previous response

·
Super Moderator
43,965 Posts
SFM via PM said:
I need to rebuild the entire library, I have 10,0000 listings and am looking for a mass delete of stuff or a delete of a file that holds this information. Have deleted Media player and re installed and the library shows up just as before which leads me to believe that there is a file that keeps this duplicated info somewhere,

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for the previous response
Just highlight one, CTRL - A (Select all) then delete. Make sure you do it in the main library (media library?) Note that this may lose your listings in your playlist. Then you can rebuild your list from there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.