Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My problem is, I can't use the scrollbar in Windows Media Player when playing MPG/MPEG files. If I try to scroll across, it takes me back to the beginning. Any idea on how to fix this? It only does it with MPG's, I think all the other formats work fine..

And I get that "Error Downloading Codec" message, the time and icon on the "Now Playing" page turns orange.. and when I click that, it takes me to the Windows site.. which says:

===============

The required codec cannot be found

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the required codec cannot be found. To determine how to obtain the codec identified as {E436EB81-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770}, contact the content provider.

===============

Can someone please help? This is really irritating me and I'd like to fix this problem ASAP.. thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually have that, and I don't think the problem is missing codecs. Maybe I have to uninstall the video or audio codecs I'm already using, or switch to other ones, but I just don't know how..

Thanks anyway though, any other suggestions anyone?

·
Registered
401 Posts
If you have more than one codec pack, that could be your problem. You have to uninstall the others before you install the k-lite pack for example.
Also, have you tried to reinstall WMP?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reinstalled WMP several times, and I actually just downloaded that Kazaa Lite codec pack earlier on in the day. I don't think that could the the problem.. I've been having this WMP problem for about a month now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.