Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have windows vista home premium with windows media player. i bought my first ever download. it went into my music folder, but windows media player doesn't see it, says it can't find it. i decided (I can't recall how i decided) that the problem was most likely because the download had a .htm file format. (It seems odd that music would be in .htm format, and that's one of my questions). anyhow, i downloaded a free translator to attempt to put the file into some form the player might recognize, but i could never figure out how to get the file into the translator, i couldn't figure out how to run the translator. finally, i got scared of goofing up my puter, and deleted the translator. I am totally lost! I can't find info anywhere on what file formats media player recognizes. I'm really excited to start learning this stuff---i havn't listened to my favorite music in about 20 years, and i really wanna do it. I don't know quite where to start and i feel discouraged.:(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i bought the download at a site called PANDA. i liked it cuz the price was only 1.50 for the whole album. when i downloaded , i did exactly what they said and clicked how they said, but i will go back and look and try to figure out if i did what you said.
I had never heard of an .htm file format so i did a bit of research...i learned that it is essentially html, which I am very familiar with since i used it in my work 20 years ago ( i havn't been in the workforce for 20 years, so i'm really rusty) so the music download must be imbedded in a bigger file which has htm format i think.
it's funn learning about computers again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.