Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently downloaded Windows Media Player 11 and IE7, since then my DRM licence has gone and I can't download specific videos I need. I keep getting the message "Error occured in retreiving the Digital Rights Management machine licence. Contact Microsoft." I've contacted them but not heard back. I found my DRM file on my hard drive but it is empty. Any advice on how to download it again.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Debb5 said:
I recently downloaded Windows Media Player 11 and IE7, since then my DRM licence has gone and I can't download specific videos I need. I keep getting the message "Error occured in retreiving the Digital Rights Management machine licence. Contact Microsoft." I've contacted them but not heard back. I found my DRM file on my hard drive but it is empty. Any advice on how to download it again.
I had to email Walmart (the site where I downloaded my music) and they were kind enough to make my licenses available again. I then used my husband's computer which has Media Player 9 (This one allows for backing up your licenses) and got all my licenses again. I then backed them up to a couple different sources and am now in the process of trying to get Media Player 9 installed on my machine. Good luck.

Peg

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
it depends on where u acquired ur videos. contact the site 4 assistance, m$ won't be of any help, unless u try the live chat option. i had an issue with downloaded music from msn & also yahoo when i upgraded to wmp11. i used the live chat option with m$ music to reacquire my licenses but yahoo is still screwed, but i have all that on cd so didn't really matter. good luck :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.