Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows Media Player 11.0 rollback to 10.0

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  tulsigirl 
#1 ·
I hope someone out there can help me. I have a new Dell system with the Windows XP OS and dual-processor. Right after I got it about 2 months ago I upgraded my Windows Media Player from 10.0 to 11.0. I've hated it almost immediately but didn't try to rollback to 10.0 until the last couple of days. I have tried every instruction on MS & nothing works. I can't even remove WMP 11.0 from ADD AND REMOVE programs. It says it has been removed, but it hasn't. And when I tried to directly download 10.0 I get this message:

"The file WMPLAYER.EXE was a version number of 10.0.03931 where 11.0.5721.545 was expected. Windows Media Player is not installed properly and must be reinstalled. Do you want to install the player from MS web site?"

After trying to rollback to 10.0 & getting this message WMP will not play at all. I have to go & re-download 11.0 so my WMP will work.

Does anyone have any idea what may be going on? Can anyone help me?????

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Thank you so very much! I upgraded the stupid thing about 2 months ago & hated it almost immediately. But I had just gotten this new computer & was doing other things with it. It wasn't until the last couple of days that I decided to "fool" with it. I guess I'm stuck with it. Another kind Tech member said that actually there is an article on that sometimes it cannot be removed! ! ! Good ole MS, just wants it's own way, huh?

Thanks again.

Tulsigirl

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.