Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently switched from Windows Live Hotmail to Gmail.
I imported all my Hotmail emails and contacts over to my Gmail account without any problems, however I have a couple of questions:

1. When I type a few letters into the "To:" field, Gmail gives me some contact suggestions in the drop-down box. However it only gives me very few suggestions. I figured out that this is because the majority of my imported contacts only have the email address listed in the "Instant Messaging" field. (as opposed to the "Email" field)

Is there a way I can copy/shift all of the addresses listed in the "Instant Messaging" section to the "Email" section? (Without sending an email to everyone on my contact list)

2. When I was using Hotmail, my Windows Live Messenger contacts would automatically be added to my Hotmail contact list. Is there any way for new contacts added in Live Messenger to be automatically added to my Gmail contact list?

Hope that made sense... Let me know if I should clarify haha

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.