Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past several weeks, whenever I open my computer a box pops up called Windows Installer. The box contains the words "Preparing to Install." A second box then appears: "Solution Center." It reads: "The feature you are trying to install is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again or enter an alternative path to a folder containing the installation package 'SolutionCenter.msi' in the box below" Then, there is a pull-down menu with the followng Use Source:
C:\DOCUME~1Sidney\LOCALS'1temp\7zS17.tmp\setup\solutioncenter\

After I click cancel, another box usually appears that reads, "An installation package for the product Solution Center cannot be found. Try again using a valid copy of the installation package SolutionCenter.msi."

My question/problem is: What is this and how do I get rid of it? It is very annoying to have it pop up everytime time we open the computer and have to hit cancel, cancel and cancel again to make it go away. We have Windows XP and the latertest verion of McAfee installed and McAfee has not picked this up as a virus. We also recently installed a new HP printer which installed its own Solution Center on the computer - can these two be related. The overall performance of our computer does not seem to be affected, but I would like this whatever it is to go away.

Thank you for your assistance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.