Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I found out about this site on Cnet Radio, so I thought I'd give it a try!
I recently bought a new video card, an XPert 128 PCI. I have one of those motherboards with built-in AGP video. So I installed the card and the drivers and went into the BIOS to specify that I'm no longer using the built-in video, but now every single time I boot up Windows, it detects the card and asks me to install the drivers. How do I make it stop detecting the old video card? My system is an AMD 500 running Windows 2000 Professional. The motherboard in and old SiS board.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
hye skech,
Welcome to TSG!

IMHO, check the mobo's manual for a jumper to disable the on-board video.

Question: After installing the drivers, does it ask you to reboot? And did you delete the old drivers?

·
Retired Administrator
104,767 Posts
Hi sketch, welcome from me as well........

It may be easier just to go into the control panel, system, device manager and place a check mark in the box marked 'disable in this hardware profile' for that display adapter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AcaCandy, I couldn't find "disable in this hardware profile", but when I right click on the adapter it has a "disable" option, and when I open the properties for the adapter, under "device usage" there's another disable option. Are these it, or will these do the same as what you suggested? Thanks just the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.