Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I attempt to open Windows Explorer, it sporadically gives an invalid page fault error message and fails to open. I must re-boot the computer. This happens anywhere from about every other time I try to get into Explorer to about every tenth time. If I ever open My Computer first, and then try to open Explorer, I get the invalid page fault virtually every time.

Norton Anti-Virus recently detected and quarantined a backdoor Trojan virus related to explorer.exe. The virus is no longer present on the computer, but apparently the damage to Explorer still lingers. NAV caught this virus in a real-time scan, so I am surprised that any damage occurred.

Any thoughts on how I can correct this annoying problem with Windows Explorer? Thanks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'd try running SFC (Start/Run & type it in). See if anything comes up. Also run Scan Disk (standard)and see if any errors come up there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure whether the virus definitions were current when the virus was caught, but I am almost certain that they were. (I'm replying from a different computer so can't check.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.