Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, Im upgrading a computer, went to 1gig proc, new motherboard, ram, etc.. I put in a 60 gig HD and have a 8gig also. the 60 will have win2000 installed on it, the 8 has 2000 already installed, do I have to redo the 8 gig as win 95 or 98 in order to set it up as dual boot? and how do I set it up for dual boot, I cant remember .... please help!!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
If you already have 98 on one of the drives its really easy....just boot to win98 then put the windows 2000 cd in....when it asks if you want a clean instal or just to upgrade...select clean install...this will give you the dual boot option when the machine starts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi, just so I know we are on the same page.. I dont have 98 on the 8 gig drive, it has 2000. if I put 98 on it, are you saying, then insert the 2000 and install?

I want to have 2 hard drives to boot from, 1- 2000 1- 98 or whatever.. will the clean install like you mentioned give me the choice to install it to another drive?

thanks for replying,

·
Registered
108 Posts
yeah....on my machine i dual boot between 98 and 2K....but i only have one drive....i partitioned it to a C and a D....all of the 98 system files i put on the C drive, and all of the 2000 system files i put on the d drive.....so i dont see how it would be any different if you had 2 physical drives rather than a logical drive....i would put 98 on your box first...(just set it up like you normally would)....then when 98 is up, put the windows 2000 disk in, do a CLEAN INSTALL but when you are given the option, just change the path for the WINNT folder to the D drive....you should be good, i hope im not confusing you, its really a simple procedure...let me know if i have though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.