Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I seem to have a color problem with windows. when I reboot, the computer changes the apperence color and it won't let me change the color to 256. I beleive it started when I was using MS Paint and it's been doing that since. I was wondering what you think might be the problem and if you would be able to help me with a solution.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Right click on the my computer icon>choose properties>device manager>expand display adapters>click on what is listed>click properties>driver tab>update driver>when finished click remove and then restart your system. It should pick it back up when it comes up.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I had a similar problem once with Windows 98, only one video adapter in Device Manager and I would change it, then the default one would come back.
I finally went into the Safe Mode and went to Device Manager and lo and behold, there was the two video adapters, removed them both, rebooted and installed the correct one and fixed the problem.
Hope this helps you,
Del

·
Registered
21,334 Posts
Also make sure your monitor size is listed correctly. If you have netmeeting running in the tray that will also keep you from changing display settings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Rockn,

where would I go to check if my monitor size is listed properly? :confused: sorry about all the questions, I am familiar with a comp, but not an expert but I feel bad always asking so many questions. thank you to all who have helped me. :cool: :)

picturequeen :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.