Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently replaced the cdrw and dvd drives in my pc which is only a few months old . - Tech support sent new ones.
The old software , PrimoPLus was not compatible with these new SOny ones ,so I unsintalled using add remove programs .

When I installed Nero , the WIndows CD player no longer showed up under Programs Accessories Multimedia, but just appeared under Programs as CD PLAYER.

I had to unisntall Nero too because I was told to use Roxio EZ CD Creeator with the new burners which work great now. But when I try to play a cd in my D drive (dvd rom), I get a message that windows cannot locate - and I have to go in to Programs, Highlight Cd PLayer and then it works ok. However, if I am online and wish to play a CD while surfing, everything freezez up . Icannot get to any websites , cd player stops working, etc.

ANyone ever hear of this or any possible remedy ? Thanks so much !!

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
I would remove it, do some house cleaning, and re-install it, as Windows is confused. Here's how to straighten out things; select Start, Settings, Control Panel, Add/Remove Problems, Windows Setup, Accessories, and CD Player. Exit Control Panel, run Disk Clean-up, SFC, RegClean, and reboot. Then Re-add CD-Player, repeating the steps I listed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.