Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Windows XP, that is. Well, if I am not completely mistaken, hard drives do not need any drivers to work. Right? I mean, I bought a new HDD (Samsung HD753LJ) and I can see it, use it and all... But Windows STILL asks me to install it (you know, the "new device found"-thing) every time I restart my PC. I've told it to "don't ask to install this device again", but it still always asks me to install it everytime I restart my PC :mad: 'Tis annoying. Help?

·
Registered
730 Posts
SATA controllers however do need to be installed so that windows can access the drives firmware and get the Integrated Device Electronics drivers built into it.

Have you installed the sata controller drivers?

·
Registered
22,466 Posts
Windows XP, that is. Well, if I am not completely mistaken, hard drives do not need any drivers to work. Right? I mean, I bought a new HDD (Samsung HD753LJ) and I can see it, use it and all... But Windows STILL asks me to install it (you know, the "new device found"-thing) every time I restart my PC. I've told it to "don't ask to install this device again", but it still always asks me to install it everytime I restart my PC :mad: 'Tis annoying. Help?
Hard drives do need drivers to work, all hardware does. But the drivers should be native to XP however in the case of certain sata drives this is not the case and the drivers you seek should be on the motherboard drivers cd. if you do not have one you go to the motherboard website and download them for your model.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.