Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not really sure if this is right place but oh well :)

Ive had my dell latitude e6400 laptop for over a year, its worked fine. In the last few days it freezes at different points, sometimes at login, sometimes just before and sometimes after. When I get onto my page the taskbar is frozen and eventually after less than 2 minutes the screen goes opaque white and the blue timer gets stuck meaning i have to restart manually. My system works perfectly well in safe mode.

I have done system restores, scans, disk defragmentations, i've taken my laptop apart and cleaned the fans just in case but nothing works in normal mode still. The only thing i can think of that changed the way my system worked was an automatic windows update.

I am convinced this is a windows vista issue as after extensive internet research many people seemed to have similar issues however people only suggested doing what i have done (see above). I have tried to upload windows 7 but i cant do that in safe mode and normal mode freezes before i can finish.

i'm at a loss at what to do next so any help would be appreciated

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.