Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HelloI'd like to know if or it exists a CD with all the Windows 98 Updates, since 98 will be Dropped from the support that everyone has enjoyed <giggles> since it first hit the stores.

I also Wonder if i might be able to choose from the list to install......

Much like XP's SP2 when MS offered it for free to all those who asked for it.

Thanks,

MotorDude57

·
Registered
4,962 Posts

Microsoft Order Desk (US only)
1-800-360-7561, Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. Pacific time.

This CD will get you to Sept 2003 status, it does not cover any updates released since then. It will also require you to use ie 6.00 SP1, DirectX 9.0b, Media player 7 (win98) or 9 (win98se), and MDAC 2.8. Don't bother if you don't want to run ALL of the above, you can not pick and choose what to install. It's an all or nothing situation.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Wow is right.

·
Registered
57,788 Posts
bandit429 said:
Wow is right.
What is bad they said they was going to do something for us but then turned around and don't away with it.
Bet they had so many more people asking for CD then they was planing on.

·
Registered
57,788 Posts
Go to windows update.
Click on the left side on Windows Update Catalog.

Your see this here.
Welcome to Windows Update Catalog

Choose from a variety of updates that you can distribute over your network. This site is your one-stop location for Windows updates and enhancements, as well as Designed for Windows Logo device drivers.

Find updates for Microsoft Windows operating systems

Find driver updates for hardware devices

You have to start over and go back on Find driver updates for hardware devices.

No click on Find updates for Microsoft Windows operating systems.
The next window will have a dropdown so pick windows 98 and 98SE from there and your Language under that.
You can click on the Advanced search options and it should have every checked.
Now click on the search button.
You get the next page and if yours is like mine it will say
Your search returned 170 results
Select from the list below to see updates found in each category.
Pick from the small window there on each by clicking on them and then what ever is in each group will show up below.
Then click on each one to add it to the Download Basket.
If your like me you do not need the Multi-Language Features (78) so no need to download them.
Also look when you add any thing to the download basket to make sure you not picking the same thing twice because many are listed for more then one Language.
Wen done picking everything then check the list in each group because you can remove things if you have something you don't want or another language.
Now click the Go to Download Basket.
You get another page and it will say..
Download Basket
Review and download your selected updates
Specify the download location of your choice, and then click Download Now. To remove an item from your basket, click Remove.
There are no updates in your basket
To select updates for download, click Welcome to Windows Update Catalog or a category beneath it, and submit your search criteria.

Type or browse to the download location of your choice:

So click the browse button and pick where you want to down load to.
Now click on the dowload now button.

Hope your on cable or DSL. If not I would do a little at a time because there is a lot to download.

·
Registered
42,057 Posts
TommyBazball said:
Bad news. Update CD is no longer available.

Order Update CD
This may be "Good News" for some people as all that Update CD did for my system was give me a bunch of Blue Screen errors which forced me to do a System Restore to get back to a stable running system. But in the process all my System Restore points were purged and I suppose I was lucky that the System Restore point I used worked :confused:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.