Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turn off Ads!
Donate to TSG!
Register | User Panel | Search | FAQs | Rules | Chat | Donate!

HelpOnThe.Net > TSG Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 95/98/Me >
windows 98 and 2000 cant install blue screen

Last Thread Next Thread
Help Us to Help You!
If you've found this site helpful, please make a donation!

59 posts
100% tech
flipfo2g (Member) usa (IP)

windows 98 and 2000 cant install blue screen (03-23-2004 01:06 PM) report / quote / edit (#1)

ive posted this problem before ok but i didnt put the blue sreen error well ive been trying to install windows but i cant couse my pc is crshing to blue sceen this is the message..its long but im gonna put it all so someone can tell me whats going on ..it say.. stopxooooooa5 (oxoooooo11) oxooooooo7, oxf24cooco, oxo1oooooc the acpi bios in this system is not fully compliant with the acpi specifications. please read the readme.txt for posible work arounds .you can also contact youre systems manufacturer for an updated bios or visit http://www.hardwareupdate.comto see if theres any new bios avalable. ok thats one message ok heres the other one,, the bios in this system is not fully acpi compliant then it says to check for bios updates and it says how to go around it if my systems vendor bios are not acpi compliant it tells me how to turn it off etc so can anyone help me out on this please.. thats it and ill be checking for reponds and ill take all i can get thank yous all very much for youre help

ONLINE! send email add buddy affero

Last Thread Next Thread

Post QuickReply

[check message length]

TechGuy.org

Tech Support Guy (this site) is brought to you for free thanks to our sponsors and donors! If you find this site useful, please support our sponsors or even make a donation!

TSG Links

Forum Rules!
The Moderators
TSG History
Link to TSG
Donate!

All times are GMT -8 hours. The time now is 06:45 AM. Printable Version Email This Page! Subscribe to thread Unsubscribe

Forum Jump:
Please select one: -------------------- Private Messages User Control Panel Who's Online Search Forums Forums Home -------------------- Software & Hardware-- Business Applications---- Archive: Business Applications-- Games-- All Other Software-- Digital Photography & Imaging-- Hardware---- Archive: Hardware-- Development---- Archive: DevelopmentOperating Systems-- Windows 95/98/Me---- Archive: Windows 95/98/Me-- Windows NT/2000/XP---- Archive: Windows NT/2000/XP-- UNIX/Linux---- Archive: UNIX/Linux-- DOS/Mac/PDA/Other---- Archive: DOS/Mac/PDA/OtherInternet & Networking-- Web & Email---- Archive: Web & Email-- Networking-- SecurityCommunity-- Random Discussion---- Announcements---- Civilized Debate-- Reviews-- Site Comments & Suggestions-- Tips & Tricks

< Forums Home - Contact - Post Your Question! - Terms of Use >

Copyright © 1996-2004 Cermak Technologies, Inc.
Powered by: vBulletin Version 2.3.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2003, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
man i just wanna say thnks for all the help i got here this is why this is my best site anyways well on the topic about my pc and not being able to install windows well i was on the net and i was searching you know to see if anyone s had my problem well i found someone that did and i read what he did i tried it and it worked it was a 256 ddr pc2100 i took off the chip and my pc booted right into windows but it still says that windows protection error message so what sould i do can reflsah my bios in windows i think ineed to do that help me out on this thanks ill be on waiting for replys

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Please, state your full system specifications for so the forum can better able assist you.

Please, don't risk unecessarily flashing your computer's BIOS. A common BIOS flashing error can render your computer inoperable forever - if it ain't broke don't fix it - and it works now fine with small fixable errors.

The Windows Protection error your receiving likely has nothing to do with your BIOS. To install Windows you must have everythingb unplugged off the back of your computer but keyboad. mouse and monitor. You may also correctly need to uninstall unnecessary hardware off your mainboard like SCSI cards etc. that are not essential to computer operation before windows install.

ACPI = Advanced Configuration & Power Interface

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well anyways this is whats going on ok now i couldn't boot into Windows now this is what i did and it booted into windows 98 i put that error message in my search and it took me to this site where some guy had the same error mesage and it says what he did to get it going OK he remove a 256 ddr chip and then his PC worked so i did the same thing and my PC booted into windows so just installed windows ok now got a question can i flash bios in windows cause i trhink tha my bios has something to do with this ..that ddr chip theres something wrong with i i put it on my other pc and it crashed to blue screen so the chip is messed up so i took it off so thats what was not letting me start up windows ////now i need to know is this suppose to be like this ok bios doesnt know the name of the flash . when i turn on my pc and the computer reads does the normal bootup well it say unknown flash you think that might have something to do with my pc acting up get back to me on this thanks ////

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
windows 2000prosp4 785 mbs ddr pc 2700mhz dvdrom/cdrw52/blackdrom geo force 5200 128 mb video with athlone xp 3000 amd 80 gig the black chieftec case 450 power suply black floopy/ zip 100 drive logtec web cam syntax sv 400 motherboard /and this is one of my pc ive got 2 more

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Once again, yes you can flash the BIOS but nobody here is fool enough to recommend you do it, OK? Please, don't risk unnecessarily flashing your computer's BIOS. A common BIOS flashing error can render your computer inoperable forever - if it ain't broke don't fix it - and it works now fine with small fixable errors. You've not given enough information for the forum to recommend as high-risk BIOS flash.

The RAM chip is likely incompatible with the systems you've tried it with, it might be a bad chip as well.

You may have already incorrectly flashed the /BIOS and incurred a unrecoverable BIOS flash error judging from your statement
computer reads does the normal bootup well it say unknown flash
The BIOS chip/your computer may be irreparably damaged due to you tring to use a incorrect RAM chip.

Sorry bud. :(

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so youre saying my bios chip is done and that theres something wrong with it well see that ram chip i just got it the pc been had that for the longest time saying unknown flash but anyways that chip did have a problem eith it now a question what happens if you install wrong ram or siferent speeds like pc 2100 and pc 2700 will that mess the bios chip up will it do damage to it .. well i got it going after taking off the new chip i had put in and it booted into windows ok so now what do i have to do with my pc to fix couse im sure i still have to fix something else.. thanks for youre info

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.