Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Computer > Dlink Router - Virgin Media Modem

Ive had this issue with two different model routers, so it`s now leading me to believe that i have an issue with windows 7 somehow.

If i reboot my computer, or turn it on from cold boot, I get the issue (SEE ATTACHED THUMBNAILS)

I can resolve the issue by going into network connections, disabling my
Realtek RTL8168B/8111B Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adaptor
Then re-enabling it again.

this now seems to sync with the router and all is well.

anyone experienced this issue before or know why it is happening?

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same issue before. I have two units at home, one laptop and a desktop. We have no router so I have to use one unit at a time using a cable wire. The problem is, when I plug the cable in the desktop I can no longer use it on my laptop, when I plug it in the Unidentified Network occurs. Same thing when I use my laptop first for net browsing, it's impossible for me to use the desktop for net browsing when I plug in the internet cable.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
which provider are you? if you are a cable modem, remember these need to be powered down then back up again if assigning to different network adapters, such as one pc, then one laptop. I remember this usually happens if a user tries to connect a virgin media modem into a router, it usually does not pick up the modem until it`s powered down and back up to refresh the IP addresses / default gateway etc.

routers are only around £15 these days

http://www.google.co.uk/products/ca...K8BYGk3ATu1-ixDg&sa=title&ved=0CAcQ8wIwADgA#p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.