Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was using vista, it had this annoying tendency to switch its folder settings on me (from details to thumbnail view etc) So When I recently tried windows 7, I thought they would fix this, but apparently not. Is there any way to make it so all folders, from newly created ones, to older ones, are always in detail view? And not have the OS suddenly switch to some other view on me?
For example, I have a folder with a bunch of video files in it. I dont like thumbnails and it was set to detail. But upon deleting all but maybe two or three videos, it suddenly switched to thumbnails on me. I find this very annoying and I just want everything to be in detail view from now on.

·
Trusted Advisor
17,571 Posts
No hack is needed, all one needs to do is to "Apply to all folders" in the Options pane.

·
Banned
5,251 Posts
all one needs to do is to "Apply to all folders" in the Options pane.
So far so good in my iterations of 7RC. I saw some blurbs that SP2 for Vista was supposed to finally address the folder settings problem. Is that true or is it still about as good as a kick in the head?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried the apply to all folders option on its own but some folders would revert back to other settings. It seems to have stopped doing this though now after the reg hack. This behavior didnt seem to have been been fixed when I tried sp2 on vista but I didnt really use that for too long since I installed win 7 shortly after.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.