Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I boot up and Windows Installer box keeps trying to install something. I cannot do anything after that because it freezes evrything. I suspect something is missing on an install or it would not do this but I have no way of telling what because I cannot investigate with a frozen computer. It does this in safe mode too. It will not let me cancel or close box, it just goes into a deep freeze!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Eflateab said:
I boot up and Windows Installer box keeps trying to install something. I cannot do anything after that because it freezes evrything. I suspect something is missing on an install or it would not do this but I have no way of telling what because I cannot investigate with a frozen computer. It does this in safe mode too. It will not let me cancel or close box, it just goes into a deep freeze!
ouch.. that hurts, what file is it trying to install? if you can tell us what file it is it might help, also boot into safe mode and see if it continues taht problem. if nothing happens in safe mode run msconfgi in safe mode and select diagnostic startup

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Michichael said:
ouch.. that hurts, what file is it trying to install? if you can tell us what file it is it might help, also boot into safe mode and see if it continues taht problem. if nothing happens in safe mode run msconfgi in safe mode and select diagnostic startup
(Reply)
I do not know what it is trying to install, it does not say anything else on the box.

The same thing happens in the safe mode. I opened run and typed in msconfig and as soon as I click OK, the windows installer box opens and freezes everything. The only thing I can do is go in Task Manager and end the frozen box by clicking on it and then I get "This Program Is Not Reponding" and it will close the installer box.

I have tried to reinstall Windows but the same thing happens, the installer box comes up and just stays there.

No matter what I click on that stupid box pops up and freezes the system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.