Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
p3 800, 128mb ram, 32 tnt2 m64, win me,20gb hd
current driver 53.04 win9x

as soon as i update the driver from 53.04 to anything higher 56.64,61.76,66.94, the computer after installing the drivers and rebooting...
half way through the restart when the desktop is normally displyed there is a black screen with (-) blinking thats where it freezes.if i restart in same mode
it works and the updated driver files are listed,
why am i stuck using 53.04???

·
Banned
2,581 Posts
02098 said:
p3 800, 128mb ram, 32 tnt2 m64, win me,20gb hd
current driver 53.04 win9x

as soon as i update the driver from 53.04 to anything higher 56.64,61.76,66.94, the computer after installing the drivers and rebooting...
half way through the restart when the desktop is normally displyed there is a black screen with (-) blinking thats where it freezes.if i restart in same mode
it works and the updated driver files are listed,
why am i stuck using 53.04???
Nvidia has released bad drivers before. Witness driver update number 61.76. It caused my computer to crash whenever I played Mechwarrior. A lot of people also had the same problem with Half-life.
Its a shame to think that a company that is known for the quality of its hardware can release such crappy software - but its true.

I would uninstall your current driver to something lower. (or overwrite the current driver to a lower version)

HULK! ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what? :confused:
i thought updating drivers was a good thing...
i thought updating drivers increases performance??
so...you're sayin there's no differnce between 53.04 and 66.94???

·
Banned
2,581 Posts
what? :confused:
i thought updating drivers was a good thing...Yes, most of the time it is

i thought updating drivers increases performance?? Yes, usually it does

so...you're sayin there's no differnce between 53.04 and 66.94???

No, I'm not saying there no difference. I'm saying that lately Nvidia has been, at least in my case, releasing drivers without thoroughly testing them. I'm also saying that in your case it would be better to go with the lower driver that works than with the upgrade that doesn't... ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.