Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had found a very simple solution here (or another forum) before but cannot remember it and am unable to relocate it again. A search with the probelm title always return the usual suggestions which did not solve my problem. I am kicking myself for not saving that solution, hope someone can help me here.

I had 2 computers, one running Win98SE, the other WinXP-pro, on a local network. I have all the necessary connections and configurations correct. The WinXP-pro can access the Win98SE but not the other way round, with ''Access denied" error message. The solution that helped solve the problem was simply changing some numerical value in the Win98SE machine's register, or somehwere, which I cannot remember. The key was that the problem does not lie in the network, nor the remote machine, but on the accessing machine itself. Would appreciate if anyone can help me recall what and where this value setting is.

·
Retired Moderator
110,551 Posts
The way I solve that problem is to create a user account on the XP machine that matches the name/password used on the W98 machine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.