Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi helpful people ...

.. I am trying to install MS Access 97 on to my machine at work .. and it won't install because of an ODBC problem. There is a problem at the end of the installation .. it can't create the Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb).

.. I've tried to configure the ODBC settings myself and even create new ones .. but it says,

-=-=-=-
-- The setup routines for Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb) ODBC driver could not be loaded due to system error code 1157.
-=-=-=-

.. after clicking the above warning .. it says,

-=-=-=-
-- could not load the setup or translator library
-=-=-=-

.. I fear that my settings are all messed up by this IBM Client Access software .. but I could be wrong.

.. I've tried so much already ... installing most recent MDAC files from Microsoft .. I've used several different copies of MS Access.

* any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

.. thanks.

(win 98 .. crap system .. standalone)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
.. help is appreciated .. a lot.

.. as per the site in the previous post ..

.. my settings for Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb) seem to be correct (files that are stated are in correct location).

.. but I have another folder in ODBCINST.INI .. and it is the only one that has files in a different location.

-- Client Access ODBC Driver (32-bit):

DRIVER = "C:\sqllib\bin\db2cli.dll"
SETUP = "C:\sqllib\bin\db2odbc.dll"

* neither of these files exist on my machine .. neither do the folders for that matter ... thinking I should create such files and folders .. or change the path of.

.. this stoopid IBM Client Access has more control of this machine than I do .. don't really know what it is .. don't use it .. I don't think. ( .. so lost.)

.. thanks again.

(feeling hopeless on this one)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.