Thanks. I did uninstall Linksys software- did not work, then I uninstalled, removed the Linksys adapter card, installed software again, then shut down pc and put the card back in.
Now I am getting the error message: Can't load ProcNics9x.dll message.
Linksys software installed. The software stated that I have 71% signal, but no connection to the Linksys wireless router. The Windows 98 pc and this dll message is driving me crazy.
My wireless card generates a "can't load procnics9x.dll error" - how do I fix it? This is apparently a configuration problem with certain LinkSys wireless cards on Windows 9x. Broadband Reports has a discussion thread on the topic
It could be a lot causing that
1. win 98 is an old OS and if not yet soon will be abandonned by MS
2. It could be inferior drivers bu Linksys
3. infection of spyware, virus, trojan ( takes more than 1 program to remove all from any catagory)
4. Your OS could be borked, especially if it has been running for years
5. I duno ?
6. you could try reinstalling win98 system files, will leave your data just replace the system files. i wuill tell you how if you are going to do this, works for me all the time, can not take resposability if it does not work for you.
A forum community dedicated to tech experts and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about articles, computer security, Mac, Microsoft, Linux, hardware, networking, gaming, reviews, accessories, and more!