Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I attempt to disconnect my internet connection the disconnect box pops up I hit disconnect and then it "hangs". I have to restart the machine to be able to clear it. Thanks.

· Registered
3,180 Posts
Hi,

I would recommend updating or re-installing your modem driver. This should correct the problem. Also, when you're at the company's website, check their KB or support site to see if there's a patch for this problem. MS has a KB article relating to a similar problem, but use this only if upgrading the modem driver doesn't work.

Disable power management for your computer's COM port. To do so, use Registry Editor to modify the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\VCOMM

Change the value of the EnablePowerManagement key from "01 00 00 00" to "00 00 00 00".

When you change this value in the registry, you may observe the following behavior:
Internal modems in your computer are not power manageable, so they are always on (at a D0 state).

Any Personal Computer Memory Card International Association (PCMCIA) modem or external modem attached to a COM port on your computer stays on (at a D0 state).

If your computer is in a docking station that has a Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI) or an Industry Standard Architecture (ISA) modem, they are always on (at a D0 state).

GOOD LUCK!
:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.