Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Dell 630 with two HD that I interchange depending on which system I want to work with. Linux Fedora 10 x86_64 has the BTroadcom wireless driver fix (http://www.broadcom.com/support/802.11/linux_sta.php) to get the 4312 card to work with linux. It all works fine.

I change out the HD to an identical HD but install Win XP_64. I have no wireless or ethernet. In device manager, a network controller 1394 is shown and enabled. There is another category below that is all yellow "?" labeled as network, SM, video. Each with a yellow "?". The properties of each of these is unknown device.

I have tried to update the drivers using the install CD. Same.

I have uninstalled all the yellow "?" devices and re-booted. New device found but still can't install correct drive from the CD.

I have plugged into the ethernet (which works fine on other Win and linux boxes) and tried to install from the internet. Doesn't recognize the ethernet connection.

If I change back to the Linux HD it works fine.

Anybody have some suggestions? I have searched the problem and found similar issues but no fix that addresses the Windows side of the problem. Thanks for any assistance. Dave.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.