37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...

400 Mhz PII
256 MB RAM
2 GB free HD
Win98
Connected to an NT4 domain

Anytime I double click My Computer or run Windows Explorer, it takes about 30-45 seconds before it opens the window. I have tried closing all running programs and turning off antivirus etc etc etc.....all the "obivious" stuff. My guess is I have a file somewhere that was overwritten with the wrong version, just don't know which file it could be.

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
37,540 Posts
Hiya

When you say you've clicked off all running programs, is this with ctrl-alt-del? Do you have loads of programs loading up at startup? Go to Run and type MSINFO32. On the left choose Software Enviroment, then Startup Programs. Copy/paste the list.

Regards

eddie

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Windows Explorer displays everything you have on your harddrive so it should take a little longer than most things do.

But I have to ask you, When is the last time you ran a full maintenance program & cleaned up your cache.
Also recommend everyone goes to housecall and scan your system for virus & worms.... also... Spyware will bog your system down... go to Ad-Aware & download the program & use it. All these things are needed on a regular basis .

Savvy :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.