Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have a question. When the computer is turned on, what would cause the Windows 98 start up menu to appear?

TIA

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Only thing I can think of is that it is checked in msconfig
start\run
type msconfig\enter
general tab\advanced
uncheck it

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I aslo notice that after the computer boots up, the control panel pops up on the screen?

The color was set to 16 colors, when I set it to 256 color and pixels at 800 by 600; the computer clicked the pixels changed but the color didn't. I updated the driver for the video but the color won't change. It's showing in the display properties that the color is 256, but in actuality it's not. :confused:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks brindle, I didn't see your post. I thought of that, gave it a try and it worked. Thanks, the control panel didn't pop up after I made the changes either. But I'm still having problem with the color. Any ideas?

TA

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
BigTex said:
Thanks brindle, I didn't see your post. I thought of that, gave it a try and it worked. Thanks, the control panel didn't pop up after I made the changes either. But I'm still having problem with the color. Any ideas?

TA
Your welcome and no I do not have a suggestion for the color problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.