Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running windows 98, leave my PC on all the time. Went to bed last night and this morning I noticed that the icon for the recycle bin is different. It has changed to the windoes icon. Looking deeper into the problem i have found that all the icons in my control panel have changed as well. Well except for the mouse icon and the find fast icon. Have checked most other folders and they seem to be ok. Have run scan disk, disk defrag and rebooted several times . No help. Can someone tell me how to restore the original icons.
Thanks
Rick

·
Registered
25 Posts
padutch said:
Running windows 98, leave my PC on all the time. Went to bed last night and this morning I noticed that the icon for the recycle bin is different. It has changed to the windoes icon. Looking deeper into the problem i have found that all the icons in my control panel have changed as well. Well except for the mouse icon and the find fast icon. Have checked most other folders and they seem to be ok. Have run scan disk, disk defrag and rebooted several times . No help. Can someone tell me how to restore the original icons.
Thanks
Rick
http://9337387.home.icq.com/main11.html
has info on keeping your icons cached. jus look around.

I had a problem like yours, but mine was different. changed my icons into xp icons (since they were nicer), over time I deleted the folder that had the icons, now and then my desktop icons would change to the default windows icon. since i went to the page and added the registry thing, never went back to windows icon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.