Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
E-mail It
ohsammi (Visitor) Dec 6, 2001

while upgrading win 95 on someones system to win 98 when set up was finished and rebooted... the system will not boot to Windows at all. It locks up as soon as starts to finish set up. At the hourglass. It wont go into safe mode, I tried step by step confirmation and eliminating certain things from loading and nothing works..as well does not see CD Rom Drive. So I need help badly. What can I do and why did this happen??

Is there a way through DOS that I can get the system back to 95? Thanks...please write as soon as you can.

Karen

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was the info I needed. I knew I could get to install.exe ..that was helpful. Ironically the set up finally kicked in. After locking up the system several times just sitting at the hourglass, i shut it down for awhile and restarted and this time it hung but did not lock up..then it kicked in. Everything loaded up and win 98 working fine.

thanks a lot

Karen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.