Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 157 of 157 Posts

· Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
I am in Win 7 all this time and i could have sworn that i sent you my version of view and edit..i distincsaw the images on a post i sent you....but i checked and its not there now...here i am trying again and let me know if u get them this time....i hope its not my pc

Attachments

· Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
While waiting hearing from you i shut down my pc and reboot and this time i did not press for the Bios just to see which would open first....it turned out win 10 opened first...go figure, and with chkdsk too.

· Trusted Advisor
4,113 Posts
Have a look at this pic
down the bottom where it should give either a success or fail message.
If Fail what do you get when you try to add F:

Attachments

· Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
You know, maybe the problem is that whenever i open win 7 or win 10 i get pestered with Chkdsk, even on my new SSD hd with Win 10...it always say its repairing....I hoped to get rid of them from letting it run all the way and it still keeps coming back..

· Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
You know, maybe the problem is that whenever i open win 7 or win 10 i get pestered with Chkdsk, even on my new SSD hd with Win 10...it always say its repairing....I hoped to get rid of them from letting it run all the way and it still keeps coming back..
I got the same message about it being successful. I'm still in win 7....

· Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
Frank did say it could be troublesome. Yes, only win 7 is shwon and yet when i chose win 1o, it said it was cuccessful. Again maybe those chkdsk are on to something...but how many times do i have to let it run its course and still keep getting it at boot up time.Something is preventing me from getting that menu like yours.

· Trusted Advisor
4,113 Posts
Chkdsk is a dirty bit - not easy to fix
There is another way I was reluctant to try BUT
Have a look at this and see if you think you can do it

· Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
Yes, i think i can follow it although his voice gets lost in translation or its my hearing...but its getting late and its almost bedtime...so i will give it a go tomorrow with a clearer head ....ciao

· Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
Eureka!!! It was so simple, I just followed the screen and it worked...lot simpler than the bcd program and yet i suppose ti is the same software, judging by entering bcdboot at the cmd prompt level. Now, if i can only get google and microsoft frustrating me at times constantly ask me for verification that i am the right user.

· Trusted Advisor
4,113 Posts
Eureka!!! It was so simple, I just followed the screen and it worked...lot simpler than the bcd program and yet i suppose ti is the same software, judging by entering bcdboot at the cmd prompt level. Now, if i can only get google and microsoft frustrating me at times constantly ask me for verification that i am the right user.
Click on remember me.

· Trusted Advisor
4,113 Posts
When you sign to google and microsoft they should have a tick box remember me or remember my credentials
i open win 7 or win 10 i get pestered with Chkdsk
Unplug 1 drive and boot if it ask to run chkdsk let it run and reboot when it is finished.
Does chkdsk still want to run or did it not ask to run. Note which drive win 7 or win 10
Swap drives and do the same.
We need to find which drive is causing chkdsk

· Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
When you sign to google and microsoft they should have a tick box remember me or remember my credentials

Unplug 1 drive and boot if it ask to run chkdsk let it run and reboot when it is finished.
Does chkdsk still want to run or did it not ask to run. Note which drive win 7 or win 10
Swap drives and do the same.
We need to find which drive is causing chkdsk
This is crazy...since i did the recent boot pgm, chkdsk has stopped.

· Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
Great
So now it was a printer problem did you say before?
I was asked that a driver would be installed and it did and its working now. As for the pgm of choice, when i started my pc this morning, instead of getting the menu this time, it opened win 10. Then I restarted from there and then i got the menu. Peter thanks for all your help., i feel we should end this thread...others when they come across it...must be wondering what this thread is all about. If i have furthur problems, i would start a new thread and hope u will see it.

141 - 157 of 157 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.