Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well heres the thing...i just purchased some new parts for my computer and i realized that i have an agp 4x slot but my videocard requires an 8x slot...so i found this motherboard..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130519

but i am wondering does the ram really need to be pc3200??? Cause i just purchased new pc2100 ram for my existing motherboard and if i dont use it it is a waste of money...thanks

Just0

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
Agp 8x vid cards are backward compatable with 4x agp vid card mobo slots and you will see very little if any difference running that 8x in a 4x slot. ps. that pc2700 should work but why buy the pc3200 ram mobo to get a 8x agp slot over a 4x slot and give the preformance back by running pc2700 ram and not pc3200 ram. You gain nothing that way.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well its pc2100 ram so i was wondering will it really matter for the video card??? cause im not getting the full performance out of my videocard and i cant find any processors in my range that wound run my X800GTO 256MB...So please will the motherboard run my ram???

Pentium 4 2.4GHz
1GB Kingston Ram
60GB Harddrive
X800GTO 256MB
Creative Sound Blaster Live 5.1

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
becuase i am trying to get my videocard to run at what its supposed to

in dod source it should be running around 100-120 but its running 30-40

·
Registered
958 Posts
Does it say that it runs at 100-120 with a 2.4GHz Pentium4, PC2100 RAM and 4x AGP?

You need a faster processor, better motherboard and faster RAM (PC3200).

If the extra stuff you've bought is all still new then think about returning it and investing in a more modern system with PCI-express video capability.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well My Proccessor is reccommended for BF2 and DOD:Source...Im Just Thinking If I Can Get The New Motherboard With The 8x On It...Use The Pc2100 Until I Can Afford New Ram....Is That Ok??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.