Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, it's time to start talking about Nintendos Wii. I scooped one up for my kids and though graphics aren't all that great....it sure is a fun system. What you'all think??

·
Registered
47,110 Posts
I want one, but later on. The price is right $250.00

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I bought one for our family this year! :) We actually camped at Target all night to get one on December 16th my oldest daughter's 17th birthday. They didn't really know I was going to go for one but I had tracked info via the internet for over a week and knew that Target was advertising a Dec 17 th sale and knew people would be camping out for them..

My plan was to sleep til 3 am then head over and wait. Daughter #1 called me at 8 pm to tell me that one person was lined up already, then a friend called at 10 pm and said there are 8-10 people lined up so I asked daughter #2 ( 16) if she wanted to go camping with me and she was totally up for the adventure.. So we gathered up our warm gear and was in line at 10:45 pm, #1 met me at the mall with her boyfriend then left to go get us more warm gear and we hung out with a great group of people until 6:20 when the target people who felt bad for us gave out the Wii tickets early so that we could go get warm. Store didn't open til 8 am.

We were number 10 out of 15 Wii's available, and there were tons of po'd people pulling in from the hours of 5-7:30 am.. Which I knew there would be since our Sunday paper doesn't arrive until 5 am.. there is nothing like seeing a bunch of people pull in and walk up looking all pop and fresh with hot coffee in their hands then seeing their smiles turn to frowns..

Anyways, got a bit long winded.... WE LOVE OUR WII!! Plus the kids didn't think their old Mom had it in her to pull an all nighter, especially for a game system..

Chari

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
We got one on launch day because we had one reserved... I love it. The controller does not fly out of your hand if you use the wrist strap, and you shouldn't even have to swing that hard anyway. It's fun. Graphics probably could be better but they're still great.

Hooray Wii!

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
I promised one to my son as he has a lot of Gamecube games (Wii is back compatible for NGC games). Where I live, there's a shortage of Wii's since the first day it was released.

·
Registered
32,642 Posts
Chicon said:
I promised one to my son as he has a lot of Gamecube games (Wii is back compatible for NGC games). Where I live, there's a shortage of Wii's since the first day it was released.
Thats always the way.
. Playstation will have lost a lot of customers by delaying the PS3 in UK

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Ps3 lost a lot of customers already by limiting the numbers so much. Nintendo has been making Wiis as fast as they can and they're selling out faster than that. Sony has been limiting PS3s more, but my friend who drove all over the place looking for a Wii said that he saw a bunch of PS3s. But no Wiis.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My kids love the wii. I am trying to play red steel...what a blast. The interactiveness of the game is sooo much fun. I have a fast computer and....I hope to not insult anyone but...can't I play most games on my pc that I can play on the ps3??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.