Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

First I got 0x00000050 said page fault in non page area, saw the create dump message at the bottom, then system restarted., then 0x0000007e no error message per se, system restarted. I booted in safe mode with/without networking, i can do it and surf the net no problems. I have removed all my ram sticks one at a time. Next error 0x0000007f, recycled again, next 0xfffffffb, then 0xfffffffc. Now I get 0x000000c2.
Hmpf!

Again, in safe mode I can do it seems almost anything. I turned off my computer to put in another sata drive (didnt have the cable) I didnt unplug anything, when I restarted it went to and through all these errors.

Please anyone, my daughters pc is doing the same thing at the same time she's has xp, mines is the pc in my specs I think the only thing different is that I have Vista Ultimate. BTW as far as I know, I've installed all the updates that have come my way. No problems until today.

Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Seems a bit similar to a problem I had in the past.

How long have you used the harddrives used on both computers?

In my experience, my laptop would give me countless errors upon logging in. Then it would crash and I could do nothing but hold down the power button. When running in safe mode it was very slow and errors would still appear but I could press X and carry on.

The stage after this was when my laptop would not even boot up at all, then when trying to reinstall windows, my harddrive was not even recognised and was not on the list, the harddrive was failing then broke completely!

Give me some more info, unfortunately, to me, it sounds like this could also be the case with you. Not definate though.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow. 2 yrs on both, and they are both Dell pc's. and its a western digital, to add Im about to ship them a drive out of my laptop because it kept crashing. I think I had some hard drive diagnostics around if I can run it in safe mode, which was the only thing working until Igot a registry error code, then a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, whatever that is. Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?lang=en

Find your drives on that website and get the data lifeguard diagnostics.

You would be best to create a CD and boot using the software than download and run whilst on the computer.

My laptop has a western digital drive, which how now been replaced. Lasted just 14 months but I use my laptop alot, plus I was unaware that it was overheating all the time when it kept shutting off (it was on my bed, the quilt blocked the fans) this contributed to the death of it.

I've got to be honest, looks like both harddrives are failing, go on the above website and run the program, and see what it says. After that enter the serial numbers into the support section and see if the warranty is still intact. Your better off getting free replacements then forking out for 2 new ones! Actually I'll put a link below here.

http://websupport.wdc.com/warranty/serialinput.asp

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am able to run the harddrive dia. the quick test passed, I still have an hour yet on the extended. Is there anything I can do while its running?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Question. I have a program called Speed Fan that i used to monitor my laptops temps. well it's installed on my desk top and its telling me i only have 1 processor..umm how? And what else can i use to check if one of my processors have failed?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I tried to use the disk to repair windows, and I get the blue screen with the IRQL_NOT error message.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What is the likelihood all 4 ram sticks could go bad? Nothing shows up in the device manager. My event viewer started showing page fault errors as far back as 7/31/09. Most of the errors I would get would be related to page fault in a non page error could there be any relations?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
question, this dell is a dual channel thingy i should still the mem test on each stick?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ran malwarebytes and it found a rogue.sysCleanerPro. Running it again. The error messages keep switching from 50, 8e, 7f. I uninstalled my video drivers, what is the video adapter? That was part of the message..mem check and something about the video driver.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you are running Windows XP:

3) Run the chkdsk utility on your system drive

In my experience, if you receive a blue screen error on boot, and you have NOT recently added new hardware, have NOT changed software configuration and have NOT physically moved the PC recently, then there is an excellent chance that the problem is being caused by hard drive corruption. This can often be fixed by running the chkdsk utility.
How to run chkdsk:
1) Boot off the Windows XP Installation CD. ( You may need to change some BIOS settings to force the PC to boot from you CD-ROM drive rather than your hard drive )
2) When prompted, press ‘R’ to repair your Windows XP installation using the recovery console.
3) You will be asked to type in the administrator password (just press ENTER if this is blank).
4) Once the recovery console has finished loading, type the command: CHKDSK /r and then press ENTER.

Chkdsk will then scan your hard drive for errors and repair any that it finds. Once it has completed, eject your XP CD from the drive, and type EXIT to close the recovery console and reboot your PC.
If chkdsk has fixed your problem then Windows should boot up correctly.

If you are running Vista, please let me know.
What would be the significance of moving the pc, or rather what problems could that cause. In both cases (me and my daughter's pc) they were physically moved.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
tried repairing it again, got a 0x0000000xa. Rebooted again, it made it to the repair screen, i click repair. When it rebooted, it was back to the 0x00000050 stop. I tested my power supply, ran the hard drive diagnostics again.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Downloaded and ran this rootkit finder thingy and it found like a few drivers that are hidden in a different language, ummmm can someone look at this log for me?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.