Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to store some data on a DVD-R the other day and when i tried, it said 'please insert a valid DVD.'
So i don't think it even read it as a blank DVD.
Now for the question, what types of blank DVD's can my DVD+RW read (include exact name and writing speed please)?

note: I have Windows XP and my DVD-RW burner is not more than a year old.

·
Banned
24,388 Posts
You're going to have to be specific as to make and model of burner. A DVD+RW burner is different from a DVD-RW burner. Since you used both symbols in your one post, my guess is you don't realize they're different.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're right, I don't know much of that stuff...but hey, I'm learning.
Anyway as for the model, it's an NEC 2100AD DVD+RW.
So, can a DVD+RW write to DVD-R's? I'm guessing no but i just want to make sure.

·
Registered
7,235 Posts
See this link -

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdwriters.php?DVDnameid=218&Search=Search&list=

It tells me that all the crossed out media it does not write. So anything other than +R media you will not be able to write to.

If you want to write to -r or -rw media you need to either get a +/-rw or a -rw (with +/- being the better because it reads and writes both formats).

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hmmm! I have a new DVD player that will accept all DVD & CD media (+R, +RW, -R, -RW). The DVD drive on my VCR/DVD player will only play -R movies. Anyway, +R's are cheaper, so I use them to backup my important files each month.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.