Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I subscribe to a free site in France, which promotes holiday lettings, general information, tourist information, general chit chat and etc., just on Normandy.

The site is [urwww.choosenormandy.com[/url]

When I access it from Internet Explorer - no problem - log on - write in forums - the lot.

When I access it from Firefox, I can read various items BUT I can not see boxes like reply, new topic, quote and etc. So I can do nothing except read.

Other people are going straight in without a problen using FF - what may be wrong please, is it possible I have some securuty lock on my system or what ?

Regards

Skeeg

·
Registered
153 Posts
Although I'm not familiar with that particular site, what you're describing sounds a lot like not being logged in.

When you log in using IE, it very likely sets a cookie to keep track of you. You don't mention logging in again when you later go back there with Firefox. Chances are, Firefox will be looking only in its own cookies, not IE's, for your login. If it doesn't find one, you may find yourself being treated as a stranger by that site.

Assuming that cookies are enabled in your Firefox profile, what happens when you find the "log in" link for your site and click on it?

By the way, Firefox provides a "password manager" feature. You might want to
let it log you into that website semi-automatically after the first time.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the assistance.
I logged on in Fire Fox, checked cookies are in for the site - yes - still can not write to the site via FF only if I log on with IE.

Could there be anything with my security system that may be blocking me - I thought not as that is surely in place whichever system I log on with - am I right on this point or not.

Someone said it might be the SKIN, but I am not at all computer literate and this means nothing to me.

Regards

Skeeg.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I have FF and IE would I need to upgrade Java on the two sites or is Java just in the computer and used by either ?
Thank you for help
Regards
Skeeg

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am entering below 1st the version I see in FF and below a dotted line, the version I see in IE.

Is there anyone out there that could log in in both to www.choosenormandy.com and see if the same thing happens to them.

My computer directs me from emails straight into the site using FF, which I assume is set as my prefered access.

Sorry, but I know very little on computers, past switching on and off.

FAQ • Search • Members • User Control Panel • Logout [ johngreen ]
0 new messages

Last visit was: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:11 pm It is currently Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:55 am

View unanswered posts | View active topics View new posts | View your posts

Board index » 6th June Celebrations

All times are UTC

D-DAY RE-ENACTOR GROUPS.

[ 4 posts ]
Subscribe topic | Bookmark topic | Print view | E-mail friend Previous topic | Next topic

johngreen
Post subject: D-DAY RE-ENACTOR GROUPS.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:09 pm

Report this post Reply with quote Edit post
Does anyone have any contacts for D-Day / WWII re-enactor groups. I have come across several all dressed up invarious uniforms, driving jeeps and whatever.

My interest - part of my work involves GRP - Glass Fibre. We manufacture Full Submersion Baptisteries - SEE MORE ABOUT THAT SOON, IN MY SWIMING POOL INFORMATION NOTES. This has lead to a diverse selection of products in GRP.

BACK TO THE POINT

Last year at a Car Boot Sale near Omaha Beach, I bought a very rusty German Helmet. We have now taken a mould from it and are manufacturing the helmets in grey or black.

I am now selling them on ebay and have even had orders from Malta and Italy.

Apparently the real one's can be quite expensive. Ours sell from about £15.00p plus p&p.

By request we are now making Russian and British "Tommy" style helmets. I'm looking for a WWII American one to take a mould off next. Please let me know if you have one for sale.

For any home sick Brits, we also make full size Red Telephone Boxes.

Regards

JG

Profile Send private message
superpose
Post subject: Re: D-DAY RE-ENACTOR GROUPS.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:18 pm
Site Admin

Report this post Reply with quote
Hi John - great project you have going - I have a American GI helmet for sale - 50 Euros - any good?

johngreen
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:12 am

Report this post Reply with quote Edit post
Dear Superpose,

Yes please , would like to buy the American Helmet. Can I collect Easter Week ?

Is it just the metal shell or does it have a liner and or straps ? This is not too important, just interested in what I'm getting.

Now what, can I post my email address on here or are you an advertiser anyway ?

Regards

John G

superpose
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:32 am
Site Admin

Report this post Reply with quote
Hi John - it has a liner and a strap - although the helmet is same as WW2 I think the liner is from Korea era or Vietnam.

Yes no problem at all Easter... I'll pm you directions etc.

Best wishes

[ 4 posts ]

Board index » 6th June Celebrations

All times are UTC

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: johngreen and 0 guests

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can post attachments in this forum