Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Gateway 933mhz tower with 512mb ram running WinME.

I just acquired an HP 4300C Scanner. I've installed that latest software I can find which is the file "s657en" I followed the install precisely over a dozen times and that runs smoothly. The problem is whenever I scan anything the preview window is either all black or a very dark brown depending on the settings within the LTX software program I use. Nothing I do seems to change this symptom and I have 2 1/2 years experience as a Gateway Technical Customer Support Tech so I am my no means computer illiterate. I've also attempted to change my video resolution but to no avail. Is this scanner software just totally non-WinME compatible? The funny thing is I also have an old UMAX Astra 2000U and it does exactly the same thing. Even in Picture-It Express it does the same thing on both scanners so I'm really at my wits here. Also cancelling out all TSR programs didn't help either.

Can anyone offer an explanation/suggestion as to what I can do?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
390 Posts
I had one of those scanners. The key word is "had". I got so sick of trying to get it to behave that one day a few months back I made like the scene in the movie " office space " and took it out into the yard and dispatched it into the nether world with a baseball bat.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I bought that scanner new with my first pc back in december of 2000 and it was junk from the start but when your a newbie you don't know such things. I searched every tech forum there is and searched for better drivers for months. I thought maybe things might be better with windows xp and it's superior way of handling driver issues for old devices but no, it was not to be.

·
Registered
728 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.