Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a basic graphic design desktop for £400, to run illustrator indesign and photoshop.
I have windows xp sp2 and eventually want to add a sound card for music and possibly a second drive later
I have been advised novatech are a good company to supply computers and have seen these specs below on their site, but no mention of mother board? also a price from dell direct which has also been advised. I will get moniter as seperate element not included in this budget and I have operating system. Sound card and second drive I will get later on.thanks if you can cast your eye over these specs and tell me what you think.

novatech,,,
----------------------------------------
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
2GB memory
320GB hard drive
DVD writer
NVIDIA 8500GS 512Mb graphics
Midi ATX case
System price
£351.32
inc vat
-----------------------------------------
as above but,,,,,,,,
500GB hard drive
NVIDIA 9500GT 512Mb graphics
£386.57
----------------------------------------
.......and heres a spec direct from dell

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8400 processor (3.00GHz, 1333MHz, 6MB cache)
Specifications - Base
256MB ATI® Radeon™ HD 3450 graphics card
Specifications - Video Card
Memory
2048MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x1024]
Specifications - Memory
Hard Drive
320GB (7200rpm) SATA Hard Drive
Specifications - Hard Drive
Optical Devices
DVD+/-RW Drive (read/write CD & DVD)
Specifications - Optical Devices
.....£379.
thanks sam

·
Registered
155 Posts
-The specs are almost identical for both computers with the exception of the Graphics Card.
-I would not worry about upgrading the graphics on the first one if you don't plan to play games.
-320GB will probably not be enough space if you plan on saving lots of high resolution pictures and/or graphics (if it is for professional use).
-The Novatech is going to have a smaller case, if this makes any difference to you.

I would say go for the Novatech for the lesser price (and because I'm a Nvidia fan boy :))

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.