Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm presently using Windows ME, and in my opinion it's not a very stable O/S, lots of errors, files disappearing ... etc. Is anyone with Windows ME experiencing these kinds or any type of on going glitches? I was wondering, does Windows 98SE or XP have alot of glitches? I want to change to another O/S but don't want to change if I'll experience more glitches. Anyones opinion will be much appreciated....Thanks ;)

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
I'm running Windows XP Home and have found it to very stable. I was running 98se before and had some instability problems with it. Usually ended up reformatting and reinstalling every few months.

With XP the only problem I had was my own stupid mistake.:D

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
SE ... DEFINITELY

·
Registered
42,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gary R:

Sounds like you are satisfied with 98 SE. 0 updates in over 2 yrs. is very impressive. I'm constancely getting updates for ME. I've reinstalled ME about 8 times in less than 2 yrs because of lost files and other nightmares, and then I have download all the updates again. I will definely consider 98SE if I decide to send ME to the Recycle Bin. I also agree that DirectX 8 or 9 is a virus, not an upgrade. I had DirectX 8.1 and it constancely used up all my RAM and caused my system to freeze. I was able to uninstall 8.1 and reinstalled 7.0 which is an excellent version, if you can get a hold of a copy. I was abale to get a copy off a video games cd that I have. Thanks for your input. :cool:

·
Registered
42,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NetEngineer:

Thanks for your reply. Isn't Windows 2000 and NT formatted for businesses? I have heard that 2000 was a good O/S but didn't consider it because of the business format. I use my PC strictly for personel home use.

·
Banned
55,854 Posts
I have found Windows 98 to be very unstable.
Windows 2000 works great for me.

If I had to choose, I'd select Windows 95 over any Windows98 release.

I have friends who have had stability problems with ME.
LMAO

I haven't seen XP yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.