Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hibernation option has gone
Only sleep is available

Fact: it was there before! I used to use it all the time!!

I've googled and it seems as though you can turn it on if it gets turned off, as mentioned here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;929658#MoreInformation

I followed the instructions, opened command promt as admin and ran the "powercfg /hibernation on"
No joy :(

I did have problems with the laptop coming back on for when the lid is closed
I set the power options for it to hibernate if the lid was closed
Before it was on sleep
BUT: it still used to come on

The only solution I found was that if I hibernated + waited a few seconds before closing the lid, then this worked OK

ALSO: I had a few nightmares after installing rubbish Acronis OS Selector - wasted about 3 days getting my system back - that's another story - I thought I would mention - not sure if this is relevant

I did the powercfg /a option and got the following:
C:\Windows\system32>powercfg /a
The following sleep states are available on this system: Standby ( S3 ) Hibernat
e Hybrid Sleep
The following sleep states are not available on this system:
Standby (S1)
The system firmware does not support this standby state.
Standby (S2)
The system firmware does not support this standby state.
I'm not 100% sure what the above means

Any help would be great

Thanks

OM

·
Banned
16,915 Posts
ALSO: I had a few nightmares after installing rubbish Acronis OS Selector - wasted about 3 days getting my system back - that's another story - I thought I would mention - not sure if this is relevant
How did that turn out?...some of us are still subscribed to that thread..which method worked for you...if anything in the other thread helped

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It usually indicates that either the display drivers or the chipset drivers are missing or need to be updated.
thanks. i'll give that a go

How did that turn out?...some of us are still subscribed to that thread..which method worked for you...if anything in the other thread helped
brett: i'll update the message

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.