Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I want to learn/study Software Creation / Development, Please can someone tell me the name for this course/study and if it is possible to learn it online and become perfect/expert. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,031 Posts
What do you want to do?

Games, desktop, scripting?

Software development is the technical term (or Software Engineer). Any college should offer it, generally at least in VB.Net, Java, HTML, Javascript, C++).

You can learn independently, but at least for your first language a true course is recommended so that you can ask questions about new concepts (Data types, type casting, variables, logic, statements, methods are all foreign sounding until you use them!).

·
Registered
8,031 Posts
Game creation is complex. I am decent with desktop stuff, 3d though I have never really gotten into.

What I know, is that generally you need to know a little about a lot!
C++
High level math (diff equations, calc, algebra)
3D modeling (Maya is popular)

This would be for true, 3D games. You could get away with less for Flash or JS games... But if you want to make games like Halo this has been the requirements for probably twenty years.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you once again, about math I am confident to come out there is no problem on that, but please I would want to ask this,what is Desktop programming is all about? I am not going into learning here please but a slight clue will calm my brain.thanks

·
Registered
8,031 Posts
Desktop programming is going to be applications like Excel, VNC, a calculator, a GAL replacement, browsers, Prime95...

Basically, anything you would use in the "desktop" analogy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.