Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be an extremely dumb question: can someone recommend where I can get free web hosting?

OK: google will give me zillions of results!

Just wanted some recommendations + wanted a reputable and trustable company like Google

I wanted to store Flash movie files
(Though my intention is NOT to have it then accessed by millions!)

ALSO: I *don't* need to have a domain (or email) - just a sub domain of some sort would do!
(So the plenty of 'free' hosting out there, where you have to pay for a domain, aren't suitable!)

Thanks

OM

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
19,786 Posts
Looks more like you just need some free file hosting. Plenty of places out there to do that. I use Skydrive to host some files that have nothing to do with my websites. Skydrive is part of Live.com

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply
yes, i use skydrive as well - it's great
but the problem is: i can't upload using an ftp program - at least i am not aware that u can do so
instead, u have to use the clunky web interface where u can only upload 5 files at a time

let me know what u think
thanks

·
Registered
20,583 Posts
Hi OM2,

Check with your ISP as depending of the ISP and type of account you have, you might already have such a capability. With my ISP, there is such a capability although I do not use it.

-- Tom

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
19,786 Posts
thanks for the reply
yes, i use skydrive as well - it's great
but the problem is: i can't upload using an ftp program - at least i am not aware that u can do so
instead, u have to use the clunky web interface where u can only upload 5 files at a time

let me know what u think
thanks
You can upload more than that if you are using IE. There is a plugin that it will prompt you to download and then you select files just you would in explorer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.