Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When ever I play these games my computer restarts and a list of those that work.

Now before I give the list I want to say, it will start up the game, the menu, and right when the game is done loading and ready for me to take over the character, BAM it goes to a black screen for a second and restarts.

Don't Work:
Battlefield Heroes
Half-Life 2
Fable: The Lost Chapters
Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2

Work:
The Sims 2
Counter Strike Source
Garry's Mod
Team Fortress 2
Day of Defeat Source
Half Life 2 Deathmatch
Portal
Runes of Magic
Lord of the Rings Online
A lot more games this is just to show how well my computer works

Now first off I did update everything, Lord of the Rings and Fable worked before now, but I got a virus and did a full hard-drive restore. Also I want to say most of the games I have are on very high settings, so I know my computer can run these games well. I got these codes when the games restart after I followed what other people told me and unchecked automatic restart. So please tell me what to do.

0x0000008e (0xc000001d, 0xe3c0f9ed, 0xasf6b88c, 0x00000000)

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Hi and welcome to TSG.

We can't offer much advice without knowing a lot more about your machine.

If it is a big brand box (ie. HP, Dell etc) then what make and model is it?
If its a self build then tell us make and model for Motherboard, RAM, CPU, Power Supply, Graphics cards, Sound card, hard drives, DVD/CD drives etc. The more info you can give the better diagnosis people can make.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sorry

It's HP out of the box computer, I did though replace the video card drive with a ATI Diamond Radeon 5200 Video Card, I also threw in a new 512 stick of RAM, it still holds out pretty well. And for other things, it's a Windows XP Home Edition, bought in 2003 if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Try finding more specific info, it could help a lot. ;)

Right click on my computer and select properties. There you can find the CPU model and probably the computer model.

As for troubleshooting your problem I'd start by updating my video card drivers. You can find them here:

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Then you can find additional information regarding your problem. Since your computer is restarting it may encounters a "Stop Error", commonly known as a "Blue Screen of Death". Windows XP computers will by default restart if that kind of error occurs. You can -of course- change that in order to get more info:

Right click on "my computer" - select properties - click on the "advanced" tab - under "startup and recovery" select settings. There, uncheck the "automatically restart" option.

Now try to reproduce the error. Fire up one of the malfunctioning games. Now, if something goes wrong, instead of restarting, your computer will display a bluescreen with various information. Write down the title of the error and the error code (should look like 0x0000008E). You may as well find clues regarding the file that caused the error (look for files names with .dll, .exe etc extensions). ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.