Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Microsoft says I have a bad XP pro. I know I paid for it but guy sho put computer together for me could have used any copy he had around. I didn't get my copy back. Anyway this was 3 years ago. Need some info on where to get XP pro reasonably.
thanks

·
Registered
611 Posts
no point in buying xp when vista is coming out... just wait another week or so... itll be worth it

·
Banned
4,825 Posts

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
MysticEyes said:
Hardly. With the very steep hardware requirements to activate the 'fancy stuff', and all the extreme DRM foolishness, I'll pass.

Some light reading.

http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/vista_cost.html
I'm not trying to turn this into a Vista thread but for Aero and all the other feature you only need 1 GB of RAM, a 1GHz processor, an a 128 MB graphics card. That's not much.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
s4baz said:
no point in buying xp when vista is coming out... just wait another week or so... itll be worth it
I'd wait at least one year.

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
9,126 Posts

·
Banned
4,825 Posts
ferrija1 said:
I'm not trying to turn this into a Vista thread but for Aero and all the other feature you only need 1 GB of RAM, a 1GHz processor, an a 128 MB graphics card. That's not much.
That's barely enough to run XP decently. Does this come from a real world test, or some MS PR sheet?

·
Banned
4,825 Posts
ferrija1 said:
It's from MS's site but I've seen people running XP with 256MB of RAM. :eek:
Well MS wants to sell their product. Running with 256MB? I it's more like a walk. :) And I like my SPDIF audio output, to see it disabled over some Vista DRM nonsense is unacceptable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.