Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
C'mon, let's keep it "PG-13," but this could be an interesting thread.
I'll go first.
A good evening - probably the best I ever had - was just sitting outside during the summer, listening to music, drinking a bottle of Jones' Soda, and just forgetting about all the stuff my family was doing.
Wonderful sunset that evening.
And it was Berry-Lemonade.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
A band competition where we win. Or at least don't lose.

:D

·
Banned
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Octan: Sounds pretty good.
Fidelista: I don't understand, would you elaborate? [seriously]
TGG: Was the competition won, or lost? Was the outcome determined by inadequacies or by skill?

·
Registered
10,306 Posts
What's your idea of a good evening?

One where I don't have to answer the phone, cook, clean or do for others, if I don't wanna. :)

Date-wise: A warm summer evening's walk along the beach with wine to enjoy and goodies to gobble. Perhaps a swim and then home to snuggle. :)

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
PCG342 said:
TGG: Was the competition won, or lost? Was the outcome determined by inadequacies or by skill?
As long as we don't come in last and we do well. No matter how by, skill, whatever.

You said good in the title, not perfect. :)

I generally have fun at any competition.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
PCG342 said:
I was referring to the ones you really do lose.
Am I crazy? Probably. But you have to admit I make sense.
Meh, those are still fun until scores are announced, because we still get to watch other schools and run around stuffing our faces with chilidogs and hot cocoa.

And usually afterward anyway as well... because honestly, win or lose band people are stil band people and band buses are still crazy fun. It's just better when we're all jubiliant and "Whoo!" than "aw, man."

Losing competition=craziness.
Winning competition=euphoric crazines.

:)

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Wow, that's gotta be geeky. But what is it? I don't think my school offers that.

I'd probably be in it if they did :p

·
Banned
27,339 Posts
A good evening is any that is vertical.

It means I made it thru the day!! :D

Now if we want to go into the variables of what would be a good horizontal evening that is a whole different matter. :D

seriously, I loved the times on weekends in the summer up on one of the Great Lakes. A few beers, the amazing skies with all the stars, and the conversation. :up: :up:

·
Banned
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
teengeekgrrl said:
Wow, that's gotta be geeky. But what is it? I don't think my school offers that.

I'd probably be in it if they did :p
Hahaha.... Business Professionals of America.
The name says it all. Essentially, it's a buncha tests and speeches, some website design, video production, desktop publishing, etc.
Only... Competitive.
For example, my super-nerdy self placed fifth [outta 55, so not too bad] in PC Servicing and Troubleshooting, and 6th out of a larger, undisclosed number in Information Technology Concepts, both written tests, so I qualify to take those tests at the state competition.
Laaaaaaaaaame. But we loves it, so we come back for more. Senior year, fourth time in states, and I've got a freshman in my hotel room this year. He'll be tortured, somehow. Not sure yet.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Ha... nice.

We've got some geeky stuff at my school, but I think you could get five people tops at my school to do that. Wow.

I am in awe. :p

·
Registered
17,353 Posts
Yummy food...an outdoor fire crackling....a hamock to relax and sway in...a lake and trees and birds...sun setting over mountains

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.