Tech Support Guy banner

What's for Lunch?

61K views 1K replies 31 participants last post by  2twenty2 
#1 ·
I'm trying the new Marie Callender's Vermont Macaroni and Cheese Bowl. I bet it's good! :love:
Food Farfalle Ingredient Recipe Pasta

See less See more
#2 ·
Beans :D

Well.......Red beans with.....rice, vinegar, maple syrup, cayenne pepper, red curry

in a bowl
with

some macaroni and baby carrots and a couple table spoons of canned sweetcorn.

#4 ·
Lunch is always a problem for me as I never know what to have. Today I had an apple followed by a Passion Flakie pastry. I often swap the pastry for a caramel toffee pudding. I generally have a banana too but I just bought them this morning and they're aren't ripe enough yet. Sometimes I'll have a grilled cheese or a peanut butter, banana and jam sandwich.

#13 ·
I haven't heard the word margarine for a long time. as I guess more folk are eating healthy low fat spreads as I am and also cholesterol reducing versions too

#22 ·
I'm of the Julia Child/Jacques Pepin school when it come to butter...
I just can't imagine Julia giving a chicken a Margarine Massage :eek:

You should look to Alton Brown's episode on Good Eats "The Case for Butter" when it comes to the flavor/health risk balance. Given that you're up for a bit of geeky humor and a dose of science in a 20 min video.

But I'd rather have a pat of butter than a knob of margarine.

No, reverse that, actually... :ROFLMAO:

#24 ·
I do keep a spreadable on hand (don't alway have have time to soften the butter for toast).... and yup used Country Crock and ICBITB, and that one once called Cholest-Off...
but Land 'O Lakes whipped Butter has far fewer ingredients.

#26 ·
As a kid growing up my parents, well my dad was the real butter guy and we all used margarine (thanks Mom). Dads butter stayed in a glass butter container on the kitchen bar.....as I remembered it stayed soft all the time. Back then that was the fad of the early 70's.....a kitchen bar and an outside brick barbecue pit. The good ole days!