Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am testing out the Phoenix browser. It runs on the gecko engine, like Mozilla, but it's greatly slimmed-down.

I'm looking for two types of programs that will work well with Phoenix. Namely:
* a cookie manager
**a download manager

If you know of a good candidate for either or both of the above needs, please let me know.

Of course, Phoenix has its own forum. Problem is, it's part & parcel of the Mozilla forum. On my very first day visiting that forum, I accidentally posted a Phoenix question under a Mozilla topic [at age 72, my eyes sometimes skip a line when there's fine print].

Some fellow from the Netherlands flamed me something awful for that mistake. I don't handle that sort of attack very well nowadays, so I came limping back to you folks with my questions. :(

Any help would be appreciated.

peace unto you all..........bellgamin

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good stuff, DVOM! Thanks a lot.

As you expected, that list of goodies doesn't offer download or cookie help. Nevertheless, it has some other really great stuff & I'm delighted with the info.

In light of the fact that, thus far, you're the only one at TSG to reply to this request, I have become increasingly convinced that the programs I seek do not exist. Also, I did a search at download.com & webattack -- two of my "old faithfuls" -- & came up zilch; so it looks like Phoenix is still a peripheral browser as far as software authors are concerned.

I think that, over time, Phoenix will grow in popularity -- despite the presence of trolls such as the fellow who flamed me on their forum.

Again, thanks for your help..............bellgamin

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Phoenix has got it's own cookie manager. That link I provided has this local host URL for it and other advanced prefs:

chrome://communicator/content/pref/pref.xul

Open that up and stick it in your favorites.

Edit: There's also somewhat of a download manager included there. Also, looks like you'll have to copy and paste that URL into your address bar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.