Tech Support Guy banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had one shot at sending a note back in time to yourself what would you put in it.

My first thoughts.
Don't take Cheri to the prom.
Your friend Mark is a jerk.
Buy microsoft stock.
Dont sell the 68 camaro.

·
Banned
55,854 Posts
First I must agree with Lightning Bolt, as I too made the mistake of not running away screaming when I had the chance.

I might have sent a message to buy stock in Microsoft and Intel.

Wealth WOULD solve many of the issues that I have today, so I will go ahead and send back the winning numbers of the 280 million dollar powerball lottery.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I would have told myself to take all the advantage for education I was giving right out of high school instead of going to work. Don't get me wrong, going to work made me realize how easy I had it when I was in school. Just wish I would have applied myself a little more back then. Of course the note would have been written on newspaper page with the lotto numbers and current stock prices. :D

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Do not begin to smoke.

BTW - Remember that old Twilight Zone episode with a group of people that find a polaroid camera? They discover that it takes pics of future events. So....they go to the track and make a fortune by taking pics of the boards before the race begins. They then place the winning bets. They make a fortune.

Back in the hotel room somebody takes a pic of the 10th story window from their room. When the pic self develops, it shows a broken window. Next thing that happens is they all begin fighting over their valuable camera...guess what happens?

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
26,895 Posts
I would have told myself to get in touch with a certain person's parents and taught them the wonders of birth control!:D

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
26,895 Posts
...But seriously folks.

I would have sent a detailed note, outlining my future, to convince myself:

1) "Do not quit the best job you will ever have." :rolleyes:

2) "Do not move west." :mad:

3) "DO NOT let her move in with you!" :eek:

4) "Jim: don't________________.":(

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
26,895 Posts

·
Registered
51,023 Posts
First, don't climb up on ANY scaffolding ;)

Second, don't sign up at Tech Support Guy! ;)

Last--I recently found out that a girlfriend I had as a Junior and Senior in High School committed suicide about 10 years ago. Really shocked me. I would tell myself to keep in touch with her over the years because maybe there would have been something I could have done to stop it. :(

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Look up Mulder when i grew up in Cal, tell him to move to Arkansas and become a window washer!! Also if i sent myself a note in my younger days not to sign up at tech guy i would think I was crazy!! Whats a Tech Guy??

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.